Friday, July 13, 2012

You Stink


“You stink” –Maverick (Top Gun)

Thirty of us were seated, Indian-style, around Ms. Green as she read a story.  My third-grade tummy ached, and everything in me wanted to hold it.  No-go!  Abruptly she asked: “Who did that?”  Humiliated, my little hand went up.  She sprayed me with Lysol and ordered me to use the restroom.  That day I learned farting was social suicide.    

Sometimes people use and abuse God’s grace like Lysol, hoping to take away the stench of their sin.  However, they go on committing the same sins so ultimately they still stink.  When God’s love truly takes hold of your heart, you are radically transformed: you learn that because you love him, you want to also live for him.     


Dead flies make a perfumer's oil stink, so a little foolishness is weightier than wisdom and honor (Ecclesiastes 10:1, NASB). 

No comments :

Post a Comment