Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Amateur


“Every artist was first an amateur.”
 -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sometimes the ill side affect of my desire to get where I want to be causes me to be discontent with where I am.  There are days I ask myself, “Christian, are you really doing enough?” or “What will all your hard work really accomplish?” I pray for you today what I pray for me: that wherever you are in life that you ignite God’s greater vision by starting small and bringing God glory now.  Maybe you don’t have a wife yet but you can be the godly man she would like to have, or you don’t have money to donate to missions yet but you can serve your community, or it isn’t time to plant a church yet but you can sow seeds of prayer.

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men (Colossians 3:23, NIV).  

No comments :

Post a Comment