Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Feel The Burn

The first and worst of all frauds is to cheat one's self. All sin is easy after that. --Pearl Bailey

In high school I wanted to grow in strength so I found the biggest guy in the gym, a Ronnie Coleman look-alike, and asked him to be my weightlifting partner.  After he noticed that I was only going through the motions but not feeling the burn, he would scream, “Treat yourself; don’t cheat yourself.”  So I slowed down my lift tempo, used better form and executed the exercise.  I’m afraid as Christians we can operate the same way: going through the motions of reading our Bibles and going to church but without the fire that only comes from the Holy Ghost.  Without it we cheat ourselves.  My prayer is that today you ask God to fill you so that you feel the burn. 

God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth (John 4:24, KJV).    

No comments :

Post a Comment