Wednesday, October 17, 2012

God Knows I'm Not Perfect


“If you would create something, you must be something.”
-Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

There are days I ask God, “Who am I, an imperfect person, to motivate others to live a greater life?”  I have my own struggles, doubts and fears.  But that’s just it: God doesn’t expect perfection.  I serve a perfect God, and through Jesus I can live a greater life.  We all can.  Maybe blogging everyday isn’t your thing, but God is calling you to encourage a depressed coworker, or serve at the Salvation Army, or give your kids more of your time. 

Jesus said, “Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father (John 14:12, ESV). 

No comments :

Post a Comment