Monday, October 29, 2012

Rock Bottom


“Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.”  -James Neil Hollingworth

As a child I was afraid of touching the bottom of the deep end of the pool.  Now I have moments I run what-if worst case scenarios through my head, maybe your fears aren’t that different from mine. “What if I lose the person I love the most?” Or, “What if I’m alone the rest of my life?”  Or, “What if I try what God is calling me to do and fail?”  I’ve learned that the fear of rock bottom is more detrimental than actually hitting rock bottom.  Fear keeps you paddling at the surface instead of diving into God’s greater destiny for your life.  Even if every one of the scenarios happened, with God I’d keep swimming and life would go on.

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind (2 Timothy 1:7, KJV).  

No comments :

Post a Comment