Tuesday, October 23, 2012

To Pray or Peanut Butter Milkshake


Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.” –Brian Littlrell

There are days the psychological hurdle of choosing to run is harder than running itself.  “I’m too tired” or “there are more productive things I can do,” I say.  I’d rather kick my feet up on the couch and slurp a peanut butter milkshake.  For many of us half the battle of praying is actually a matter of finding the motivation to talk to God.  Once we push ourselves to pray, we experience God’s presence and we want to keep going.  That’s all it takes!  After I pray I feel energized, and my day is more productive because I made God top priority.  My motto is I earn my peanut butter milkshake after I run.

Devote yourselves to prayer with an alert mind and a thankful heart  (Colossians 4:2, NLT).

No comments :

Post a Comment