Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Zelda A Zillion Times


“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”–Arnold Schwarzenegger

Growing up I played the N64 videogame, The Legend of Zelda, and I probably beat it about a zillion times. The process was grueling, I’d spend days hibernating in my room, forgetting to shower or eat, because I was on a mission: mature from a boy to a man that could defeat the villain, Ganondorf.  Although a couple of times I’d die and have to start the levels over, in the end I was always the man.  In our Christian journeys we must have the same approach: mature from babies to full grown adults in Christ.  In the midst of life’s trials we may get hurt and feel totally alone, but we must remember our mission, Heaven.  Today let this be your battle cry:

Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything  (1 James 2:4, NIV).  

No comments :

Post a Comment