Monday, November 26, 2012

Baby or Big Dawg Christian?


“People say they love truth, but in reality they want to believe that which they love is true.”  -Robert Ringer

“What up Big Dawg?!, my buddy’s dad used say this to me every time I came over to play basketball.  Somehow I wanted to be this because it sounded cool even though I didn’t know what it meant.  As a baby-Christian I often waited for a euphoric feeling to cue me that God is trying to get my attention, but as I’ve grown in my relationship with God I’ve learned that feelings are fleeting.  A feeling might or might not come.  Feelings alone may cause you to shoot an air ball, and God might want to speak to us in a more substantive way.  When you open your Bible and spend time with God in His written-Word, you begin to learn God’s playbook: the pick-and-roll prayer life and the Spirit-led jump shot.  Each day we must desire and decide to grow into Big Dawg-Christians, gaining a more mature understanding of God’s personality, His plan and purpose for our lives.  

And so, God willing, we will move forward to further understanding (Hebrews 6:3, NIV).  

No comments :

Post a Comment