Thursday, November 1, 2012

Breaking Out


“Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.” – Helen Keller



I’m embarrased to admit this but for a long time I avoided elevators like the bubonic plague.  Seems trivial but I thought, “What if I get stuck?”  One day after circling a football stadium for nearly thirty minutes in search of a stairwell, I said to myself,  “this is stupid.”  I held my breath and entered the death box.  This isn’t the first time God has challenged me to walk by faith into a seemingly difficult  situation and it won’t be the last.  I use this metaphor to say that for God to bless us sometimes we have to break out of our comfort zones.  This may mean putting away pride and predispositions, and forgiving someone who wronged you and asking for forgiveness, too.  

The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?  (Psalm 27:1, ESV). 


No comments :

Post a Comment