Friday, November 30, 2012

Clarity or Trust?


“I have never had clarity; what I have always had is trust.” -Mother Theresa

Often times we want God to give us clarity because we have difficult decisions that need to be made.  “What should I do, God?  Which university should I attend?  Is this the right person for me to marry?  Where should I raise my kids?” If you are in a relationship with God then trust that He will guide you with His Spirit in every hard decision you must make. God is usually less concerned with what we do and more concerned with how we do it.  The better questions are: “How will I glorify God wherever I study?  How can I have a godly marriage with my wife?  How can I raise my kids in the ways of God wherever I go?  Don’t pray for clarity but for a greater trust in God. 

Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding (Proverbs 3:5, NLT).

No comments :

Post a Comment