Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Hi God, Bye God


“Most personal correspondence of today consists of letters the first half of which are given over to an indexed statement of why the writer hasn't written before, followed by one paragraph of small talk, with the remainder devoted to reasons why it is imperative that the letter be brought to a close.”  –Robert Benchley

Many prayers go a little like this: “Dear God, I know we don’t talk much, things have been crazy, but I just wanted to let you know I was thinking about you.”  Then the good part, “I really am going to try and behave better, BTW you know I applied for that job, right?”  Before wrapping up, “I have to go, but be sure to bless me…  love ya, bye.”  When Paul and Barnabus were in prison (Acts 15), they never petitioned God to get them out, instead they praised Him.  God knew what they needed, because He sent an earthquake to break them out.  Today let’s bless the Lord for everything He has already done, and simply for Who He is. 

A Song of Praise. Of David. I will extol you, my God and King, and bless your name forever and ever  (Psalm 145:1, ESV). 

No comments :

Post a Comment