Saturday, November 17, 2012

Press Play


“We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.” ― Maya Angelou

Do you remember the VHS cassette players?  I often find myself pressing the fast-forward button on my life to play out the future in my mind.  Like me maybe you see a fuzzy image of that guy who has “arrived.”  He has it all together: a wife and family, an exhilarating vocation, and travels to exotic places.  If you are not careful, a desire to arrive can actually hinder you rather than help me because you fail to make the most of the opportunities God has already given you.  Be a visionary: I encourage you to have foresight of what you want while embracing the stage of life God has you in now.  A caterpillar must go through the process of becoming a pupa in a cocoon before it can soar as a butterfly.  God’s timing is never early, but it is always perfect.  I don't know about you, but I have an entire plot to work through; I’m pressing play.  How about you?

Wait for the LORD; Be strong and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the LORD (Psalm 27:14, ESV). 

No comments :

Post a Comment