Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Christian-Cruise Control

You never know God is all you need until God is all you have.  -Rick Warren

On life’s journey sometimes I subconsciously shift gears to drive in Christian-cruise control.  The shift is subtle but maybe you’ve noticed it: Bible reading feels routine, prayer a ritual, church ceremonial and a cross becomes neck jewelry.  Life isn’t bad; it’s just boring.  Ordinary.  There’s no passion.  It’s in these times that I remember when I first began to live for God and how much I once desperately needed Christ.  I prayed continuously because I depended on God for strength.  I read God’s Word because I wanted to know Him intimately.  In church I experienced the presence of God.  A cross symbolized God’s love for me.  The fact is we cannot do Christianity without Christ.  Let’s retake the wheel to be intentional about following Christ: when we do there’s no limit to how far we can go. 

Patient endurance is what you need now, so that you will continue to do God's will. Then you will receive all that he has promised (Hebrews 10:36, NLT). 

No comments :

Post a Comment