Saturday, December 22, 2012

MMA Fighting



“We are twice armed if we fight with faith.”  -Plato 

I have a buddy who was a jiu-jitsu (MMA) wrestler, and more than once he would prod me to spar with him.  Now I’m aggressive, but that’s not the same as being trained.  He would sucker me in by saying, “Don’t be a wimp.”  I’d say, “I’m no wimp.  Let’s go!”  Every single time I’d get thrown on my butt.  Spiritually this is how the Enemy works: He wants to get you in a position where he can knows he can beat you.  Rare moments that you take the bait, so that he can cause you to fall and look like a fool.  Don’t put yourself in the position to fail, in other words there are some things we as Christians shouldn’t do and some places we shouldn’t go. 

Leave no [such] room or foothold for the devil [give no opportunity to him] (Ephesians 4:27, AMP). 

No comments :

Post a Comment