Thursday, December 27, 2012

Slow Gain


Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men.  -John F. Kennedy

My senior year of college I bench-pressed 200 lbs., and my goal was to lift 300 lbs.  I knew that it wouldn’t be easy, but I believed that if I consistently went to the gym then I could do it.  Some weeks I didn’t get stronger, but I kept lifting so that I didn’t get weaker.  Strength training is a slow-gain, a process that takes time.  Two years later I accomplished my goal of 300lbs.  Weight lifting works out your outer man, the Word and prayer works out your inner man.  If your goal is becoming a stronger Christian, then you usually won’t see results right away—this also takes time.  Some days you may not feel like you’re getting stronger, but stay focused and you won’t get weaker. Believe in faith that in due time you will begin to see the product of your effort.

The LORD is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation; this is my God, and I will praise him, my father’s God, and I will exalt him (Exodus 15:2, ESV). 

No comments :

Post a Comment