Friday, January 4, 2013

Just Do It


“If you love me, you will keep my commandments.” –Jesus


When I write devotionals sometimes I start off with this great idea of what I want to say and writing comes easy, but other times I’m thinking through brain freezes and forcing myself to write.  In either case it’s become a habit of mine to write every day.  In our relationship with Jesus there maybe times that we feel inspired to obey His commandments, and other times that we have to force ourselves to do what is right regardless of whether we want to or not.  Just like writing you may have your easy days and your hard days, but in any case we must be able to tell God, “Not my will but Yours be done.”

And this is love, that we walk according to his commandments; this is the commandment, just as you have heard from the beginning, so that you should walk in it (2 John 1:6, ESV). 

No comments :

Post a Comment