Monday, January 28, 2013

Procrastinating or Preparing?


“The problem with Western Christians is not that they aren’t where they should be but they aren’t what they should be where they are.” –Os Guinnes

Procrastination while you are in school is often times a formula for failure, because although you may try, there is only so much “cramming” you can do the night before the test.  How often do we procrastinate with God?  Maybe it’s, “I’ll be sexually pure when I’m married.”  Or, “I will spend time with my kids once my family is caught up financially.”  If you’re not studying now then you won’t succeed when you take the test later.  Purity now will prepare you for temptation later.  It could be what saves your marriage.  Be the parent your kids need now and they more likely will be the parent their kids will need later.

Be on the alert, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong (1 Corinthians 16:13, NASB).

No comments :

Post a Comment