Saturday, January 5, 2013

Sea Legs


The wisdom of age: don't stop walking. -Mason Cooley

Recently I finished a cruise to Mexico and although I didn’t get sea sick, afterward I did have sea legs.  This means that though I learned walk on board without losing my balance, when I got off the ship I still feel (even as I write) like I’m rocking on a boat.  Likewise if you are struggling with the aftershock of your past, it may seem like your guilt beats down on you while you try to keep your balance.  You can’t gain firm footing, and every time your stumble you fear that you will fall.  I’ve learned that the only remedy for sea legs is time walking on solid ground.  The only solution for sin and the guilt of your past is time walking with God. 

The Lord directs the steps of the godly.
 He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand (Psalm 37:23-24).  

No comments :

Post a Comment