Thursday, February 14, 2013

The Ultimate Proposal


Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love.”  -Mother Teresa

My sister, Nina, and her boyfriend, Jon, dated for over two years without ever telling each other they loved one another.   Jon wanted to wait for the right time.  So on a cruise ship game show of all places he got down on one knee, and said, “Nina, I love you.  Will you marry me?”  Likewise Christians have access to God’s love by virtue of Christ’s death and resurrection.  Imagine Jesus down on one knee also popping the question: “Will you marry me?”  Doing so means you except His love and you belong to Him for an eternity in Heaven.  Christ is referred to as the bridegroom, and the church His bride that He will one day return for.  What is most beautiful about this picture is that you are never alone with Christ’s love because you have His Spirit inside of you.  Maybe some of you need to accept Christ’s love for the first time, and others need to rekindle your relationship with Him.  This Valentine’s Day will you accept Christ’s love? 


I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me (Galatians 2:20, ESV). 

No comments :

Post a Comment