Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Audience of One


“The respect of those you respect is worth more than the applause of the multitude.” -Arnold Glasow

As a teenager instead of dinner with my family I was often chillin’ with friends I now don’t talk to anymore.  I cared more about their approval than I did the people I love the most. A decade later I wrestle the same problem but in a different setting.  I have to remind myself that I am approved of by the Most High God.  My family and close friends love me.  The temptation is to slip back into a mindset where I care too much about impressing everyone else.  Are you someone that looks for recognition from others that may not even really matter in the grand scheme of your life?  Today ask yourself who really matters.  Os Guinness calls God an “Audience of One” because ultimately He is all that truly matters.  Next should be the people closest to you.  If this isn’t your #1 and #2 then maybe you need to rethink whom your audience is.

A bowl of vegetables with someone you love is better than steak with someone you hate (Proverbs 15:17, NLT). 

No comments :

Post a Comment