Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Do With Desire


“Real joy in life comes from when you get in the act of forgetting about yourself.” –Fred Smith

Often we obey God, but we obey begrudgingly.  “OK, I’ll give my hard earned money to the homeless person, but he should really get a job.”  Or, “I’ll do the dishes so that my wife doesn’t have to, but now I’m missing SportsCenter because of You.”  God doesn’t just want us to do His will; He also wants us to desire to do His will.  You forget about your will; you do God’s will willingly.  Just like healthy food, doing God’s will may not always taste good at first, but eventually you acquire a taste for it.  The more you do it, the more natural it becomes.  You may even find joy in doing it. 

You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised (Hebrews 10:36, NIV). 

No comments :

Post a Comment