Friday, April 5, 2013

Inexplicable Inconsistency


I'm inconsistent, even to myself. -Bob Dylan

Maybe people see you as a positive, selfless, joyful, and righteous person; but you have moments that you are pessimistic, selfish, irritable, and sinful.  Frustrated with your two alter egos you wonder: “Why is it that sometimes it is so difficult to be like Jesus?”  Paul wrote, “I want to do what is right, but I don’t do it.”  Even Paul who God used to write half of the New Testament had moments in which he was far less than his best.  Like Paul you may not understand why you do some of the things that you do, but understand that God can still use you in spite of what you have done. 
I don't really understand myself, for I want to do what is right, but I don't do it. Instead, I do what I hate (Romans 7:15, NLT). 

No comments :

Post a Comment