Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Feel vs. Filled


"Running is the greatest metaphor for life, because you get out of it what you put into it." 
-Oprah Winfrey

I have days, frankly, that I don’t feel like running.  I go through the motions. My form is bad.  Although this is still better than not running, it’s not my best.  As Christians we may have days that we don’t feel or act very Christian. The attitude is bad.  We go through the motions.  We certainly aren’t our best.  Like any other day you must call upon the name of Jesus to fill you with His Spirit.  This affects what you say, the way you live, your faith, and your purity.  It’s no longer about how you feel; it’s about whether or not you’re filled. 

And hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us (Romans 5:5, ESV). 

No comments :

Post a Comment