Saturday, June 8, 2013

Travel Light


“A duffel bag of weariness, a hanging bag of grief.  A backpack of doubt, an overnight bag of fear. Lugging luggage is exhausting!”  -Max Lucado

To travel throughout Israel, initially I filled my backpack with some books in case I was bored at some point in my day.  For a few hours it was manageable to carry the backpack around, but I found out very soon that doing this sunup to sundown is a burden.  Although I wanted to carry the books, I really didn’t need to.  As soon as I left the books behind the tension in my back was gone.  In much the same way we carry burdens that we have no business carrying.  A bag of grief here and a bag of doubt there, and before long we’ve carried them for years.  If this happens to be you then I urge you to leave your burdens behind.  Take a load off and travel light. 

Give your burdens to the LORD, and he will take care of you. He will not permit the godly to slip and fall (Psalm 55:22, NLT).

No comments :

Post a Comment