Tuesday, July 30, 2013

An Orange Cat


“Make sure you are doing what God wants you to do--then do it with all your strength.”  -George Washington

While staying with friends in their home, I soon found that I’d be sharing my room with another houseguest, an orange cat.  Funny thing, no matter where I go that cat follows me.  I tried to get work done, but he plopped right on top my papers.  I tried to get dressed, but he jumped on the dresser and tapped me on the shoulder with his paw, almost to say, “Pet me.”  When I tried to fall asleep, he cozied up beside me, purring and digging his nails into my arm.  I even tried locking him out of the room to fall asleep, but he found a way back in!  This cat can’t get enough me.  What if we were to treat our relationship with Christ much the same way?  We could never get enough of Christ’s presence.  Wherever He leads, we follow.

Jesus called out to them, "Come, follow me… (Matthew 4:19, ESV). 

No comments :

Post a Comment