Saturday, July 27, 2013

Arriving On Time


There is more to life than increasing its speed.” -Mahatma Gandhi

If I’ve learned anything about a road trip, it’s that not everyone chooses to abide by the speed limit.  Today I was driving exactly the speed that I ought to go, and then I look in my rearview mirror to see a car tailgating me.  I switch lanes to let the car by, only to watch the man in the car increase his speed almost 20 miles over the speed limit, in hopes of arriving at his destination faster.  In life there are always going to be people that try to get ahead the wrong way.  Let those people go on ahead, and don’t be envious of them.  Continue to do what’s right and God will see to it that you arrive on time.  Godspeed. 

Trust in the Lord and do good. Then you will live safely in the land and prosper (Psalm 37:3, NLT). 

No comments :

Post a Comment