Thursday, July 25, 2013

Celebrate "Small" Milestones


Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.” -Robert Brault

Tomorrow I begin my 1,000 mile drive from Houston to Charlotte.  Now I don’t know about you, but driving long distances can make me weary, bored, and restless.  If my mentality were to keep driving without stopping, then very likely I’d only hinder myself from arriving in Charlotte.  However, I’ve learned that if I stop every two or three hours to celebrate the milestone of having drove just for that shorter distance, then I not only feel gratified, but I also feel rejuvenated.  Similarly, there are many people that don’t know how to celebrate the so-called “small” milestones, and this can only hinder them from reaching those bigger milestones.  Stop to celebrate the “small” milestones, give God the glory, and feel yourself rejuvenated. 

If you are faithful in little things, you will be faithful in large ones… (Luke 16:10, NLT). 

1 comment :