Monday, July 29, 2013

Cleaning The Inside


“The longer I walk with Christ, the more I see the Pharisee in me.”  -John Burke

Today I begin my new job, so I woke up early and cleaned the outside of my car.  wanted to portray myself in the best possible light to the people that I’ll work with.  After I sprayed, scrubbed, and dried the exterior, I saw that additionally I needed to clean the interior.  I had used my car as storage, but those items didn’t belong there.  Jesus described the Pharisees, religious elitists of that day, as being so caught up with looking as if they were clean on the outside, that they neglected to truly be clean on the inside.  Jesus, however, embraced sinners that admitted their desperate need for Him to make them clean on the inside.  Today let’s ask Jesus to help us become clean on the inside. 

First wash the inside of the cup and the dish, and then the outside will become clean, too (Matthew 23:26, NLT). 

No comments :

Post a Comment