Saturday, July 20, 2013

Fighting Hatred With Kindness


The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” -Edmund Burke

It was 8 AM on a Sunday morning when I went for a jog.  Twenty minutes in I hear barking, so I looked behind me to find two pit bulls on my tail.  Startled, my mind raced for a get-away strategy.  The pits could smell my fear.  I thought about kicking them and running for my life.  Instead I bent down and made kissy noises.  The pits decided to be friendly and let me pet them.   If someone has been after you with a hateful attitude, feeding off of your fears and insecurities, decide to be the stronger one and show them love and kindness.  They just may change over time. 

Don't let evil conquer you, but conquer evil by doing good (Romans 12:1, NLT).

No comments :

Post a Comment