Monday, July 15, 2013

Give Me a Sign


“If only God would give me some clear sign!”  -Woody Allen

For me to feel good about posting a devotional every morning, throughout my week I look for golden metaphors that I can use to illuminate biblical truths.  When I find one it’s like a light bulb clicks on over my head and my creative juices begin to flow.  This morning, however, I couldn’t find one.  Then it hit me.  Just like I look for those metaphors, similarly many of us go through life looking for signs, or a good feeling, or Holy Spirit chill bumps that will give us assurance of what we ought to do.  We say, “God, give me a sign.”  Sometimes, however, there isn’t one.  Although you may not be certain of what to do, remember that God is still with you, given you a brain, and gifted you with the ability to make decisions.

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen (Hebrews 11:1, ESV). 

No comments :

Post a Comment