Tuesday, July 16, 2013

There's No Place Like Home


“There’s no place like home.”  -Dorothy, The Wizard of Oz

I am one that loves to travel, everything about it: packing my suitcase, waiting for my flight in the terminal, sleeping in hotels, trying exquisite foods, meeting exotic people, and navigating a new city.  Somehow at the end of my trip, however, I can’t help but wish I were home.  There’s really no place like home.  As believers in Jesus on this earth, the Scripture says that we are “nomads” (Heb: 11:13).  This earth isn’t our home; we’re only passing through on our way to be with Jesus in Heaven, our eternal home.  Nothing this world can offer us can compare with the glory that Jesus will later reveal to us.  One day we will see that there really is no place like home. 

They were looking for a better place, a heavenly homeland. That is why God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them (Hebrews 11:16, NLT). 

No comments :

Post a Comment