Monday, August 5, 2013

Chubby 6th Grader


“How long will you compromise your destiny because you can’t get over your history?”  -Steven Furtick

In sixth grade I was seen as the chubby kid in school.  One day I wore a yellow shirt, and as I walked down the hallway, a snotty kid yelled, “Here comes the school bus!”  (That’s funny writing material now, but back then that hurt.)  Now I believe that my weight was normal considering my age and height, but that wasn’t my idea then.  In high school I began lifting weights to prove that I was actually a sleek sports car!  By 9th grade, even though my appearance changed, there were times that I looked in the mirror and insecurity still had me seeing the chubby 6th grader.  Similarly, dwelling on the sins of our pasts can hinder us from seeing us the way Christ sees us now, and seeing ourselves for all that we can be.  See yourself as Christ sees you. 

This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun! (2 Corinthians 5:17, NLT).

No comments :

Post a Comment