Monday, August 12, 2013

Navigating With Becky


“Wherever God guides, he provides.”  -Rick Warren

Since moving to Charlotte I’ve utilized a GPS navigation system to be my guide.  The GPS talks, and I listen for the sound of a robotic British woman’s voice (I call her Becky.) to direct me in the way I need to go.  However, sometimes the radio or my phone distracts me and I make a wrong turn.  The problem wasn’t that Becky wasn’t speaking; the problem was that I wasn’t listening.  Similarly, sometimes to hear the voice of God we will need to minimize other voices to maximize our reception of Him.  Of course you can turn back when you’ve made a wrong turn, but listening for God’s voice will guide you in the way you need to go sooner rather than later.   

For this God is our God forever and ever; he will be our guide even to the end (Psalm 48:14, NIV). 

No comments :

Post a Comment