Thursday, August 8, 2013

Pile Stones


“We will always remember.  We will always be proud.” –Ronald Reagan

This week I spent time reminiscing in my past, blogging the stories that God has moved in and through my life.  In spite of how busy life can be presently, I never want to forget all that God has done for me in my past.  In Scripture when Joshua, the president and chief of Israel, led his people across the Jordan River, delivering them from 40 years of wandering the wilderness, he piled twelve stones as a monument to God (Josh. 4).  From this he wanted Israel to remember, including the next generations, that God had moved mightily on their behalf.  Ask yourself today: What all has God done for me throughout my life?  Then ask: How can I also pile stones to remember this and make a monument to Him?

Remember how the Lord your God led you all the way  (Deuteronomy 8:2, NIRV). 

No comments :

Post a Comment