Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Deciding To Follow





“No man can follow Christ and go astray.”  -William H.P. Faunce

At the age of five I decided that I wanted to give up the worst thing that I was doing: watching Power Rangers and karate kicking my sisters!  It’s not that there was anything so inherently wrong with the hit TV series, besides the fact that I’d become so obsessed that it had become my god!  In my own way this was how I’d decided that I wanted to follow Christ.  I asked my dad, a minister, to baptize me that very day! As I’ve gotten older it has become increasingly difficult to have that same child like faith to which I’d be willing to give up anything for Christ.  But that’s exactly what He expects of you and me.  Don’t allow an addiction, a relationship, or something that you have placed too much importance on to inhibit you.  Take time to reflect and ask yourself, “What inhibits me from following Christ and becoming all that He has meant for me to be?” 

Then Jesus said to his disciples, "If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross, and follow me (Matthew 16:24, NLT). 

No comments :

Post a Comment