Monday, September 16, 2013

Looking Like Dad


It is easier for a father to have children than for children to have a real father.  -Pope John XXIII

As I’ve gotten older, people that have known my dad since he was my age tell me that I’m starting to look like him.  Through my eyes I see more differences in our complexion than similarities, but I always receive this as a compliment because I want to be like my dad.  Likewise when people look at us we want them to say that we are beginning to look like our Heavenly Father: more loving, gracious, generous, compassionate, pure, patient, peaceful, and faithful.  Sometimes maybe all you see is the ways that you are not like Him, yet as you grow up in your faith realize that you are truly beginning to look more like Him each day. 

You must be holy because I, the LORD, am holy. I have set you apart from all other people to be my very own (Leviticus 20:26, NLT). 

No comments :

Post a Comment