Thursday, September 5, 2013

Weight Lifting Routine


If we don't change, we don't grow. If we don't grow, we aren't really living.” -Gail Sheehy

I once stuck to a weight lifting routine too long.  Although in the first few weeks I grew stronger, in the final weeks I plateaued.  For me doing the same old exercises had become easy, but learning new exercises was difficult.  I was sore like never before!  I learned that if my mission was truly to grow stronger, then I couldn’t get so attached to my methodology.  I had to be willing to change.  Likewise we have to be willing to make necessary changes to be all who God has called us to be, even if and when that’s difficult.  When we do we always grow stronger in the end.   

Seek the LORD and his strength; seek his presence continually!  (1 Corinthians 16:11, NLT)

No comments :

Post a Comment