Tuesday, October 15, 2013

How to be a Good Guest


Beauty is everywhere a welcome guest.”  -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Whenever I’m a guest in someone’s home, there’s an etiquette I follow.  I constantly thank them, because I can’t overdo gratitude.  Rarely do I stay later than two days because otherwise I can overdo my stay.  I live clean so that the host doesn’t have to do my dishes or make my bed.  I plan to spend time with the host so that we build on our friendship, even if  it’s just twenty minutes catching up in conversation.  We each are guests living in this world and God is our gracious host.  Everything that you see around you (cars, houses, time, etc.) belongs to God, and he has chosen to give them to us while we’re here (James 1:17). Thus don’t plan to stay here too long, constantly thank God, live clean, and spend time with Him every day.  

For I am your guest, a traveler passing through (Psalm 39:12, NLT). 

No comments :

Post a Comment