Monday, December 9, 2013

Be Salt

No man is worth his salt who is not ready at all times to risk his well-being, to risk his body, to risk his life, in a great cause.  -Theodore Roosevelt

Saturday night I drove from Austin to Houston in a blistering cold 27-degrees.  The falling rain quickly turned to sleet that rested on my windshield, which also meant that the sleet made the road unsafe.  Even while driving slow, more than once my car lost traction and slid a few feet before I regained control of the steering wheel.  Eventually law enforcement put salt on the road to melt the ice and ensure safer driving.  It made all the difference in the world.  As Christians, Jesus refers to us as the salt of the earth.  Thus we ought to have a presence about us, just like the salt on the road I drove, which brings peace and stability into the lives of others to where they can see and feel the difference when we enter into a room.  Those people will ask themselves, “What is it about her?  Whatever it is I want that.”  When they ask, you will be able to tell them about Jesus who supplies your peace. 



 You are the salt of the earth… (Matthew 5:13, NLT).

No comments :

Post a Comment