Saturday, December 21, 2013

Expect Good, Experience Good

“I try to make every day a great day.”  -Russel Wilson

The other day I went to a movie with my dad.  I had anticipated the release of this movie for a long time because I just knew it would be ridiculously funny.  My dad, on the other hand, explained that he didn’t care too much for the actor’s humor, and that he was just going for me.  Normally my laugh (I think) is fairly distinguished.  This night, however, was the exception. I laughed harder than anytime than I can remember!  This was almost embarrassing.  At the end of the movie I said to myself, “That was great.”  Conversely, my dad said, “It was OK.”  We both saw the same thing, yet we experienced what we saw very differently.  The lesson to be learned is that we both experienced what we expected.  This is true any time in life, and especially during the holidays.  If you expect to be annoyed by some of the relatives that you have to see and the Christmas music that won’t stop playing on the radio stations, then Christmas is probably going to suck for you.  However, if you get it in your mind that no matter what you’re going to have a good time, then most likely you will.  Expect the good to experience the good.


A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones (Proverbs (17:22, ESV).

No comments :

Post a Comment