Tuesday, December 3, 2013

God Chaser

When you stop chasing the wrong things, you give the right things a chance to catch you.” - anonymous

The other day I stayed in a relative’s home. That morning I set out to run three miles in their neighborhood, but by two miles in I was lost!  So I pulled out my GPS to get home, but I clicked on my relative’s work address instead of their home address. I ran another two miles in the wrong direction before I figured it out.  By then I was pretty frustrated with myself.  When I’d finally arrived at their home I’d run a total of six miles instead of three, twice the necessary length.  The obvious lesson is that no matter how lost you are, you can turn around and get back on track.  There is, however, a deeper lesson: some of you might be chasing after things that although they may not be a matter of heaven or hell, they are things that distract you and divert your attention away from God.  Thus you’re detoured and it takes you twice the distance to reach the destination God wants you to arrive at, a place of peace and contentment in Him.  Run the way you know you must go.  Be a God-chaser.  When you do God has a way of catching you. 


But if from there you seek (or chase after) the LORD your God, you will find him if you seek him with all your heart and with all your soul (Deuteronomy 4:29, NIV).

No comments :

Post a Comment