Thursday, December 12, 2013

Success Unseen

“Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later.” -Og Mandino

This past year I spent hundreds of hours in coffee shops and libraries writing a thesis to earn a master’s degree. Yesterday I presented my thesis to my committee and I passed.  I earned my masters degree.  There were some days, however, after only researching academic databases I’d wonder if I’d made any headway because I hadn’t actually written anything.  However, if I didn’t study then I would not have anything to say.  The lesson for me is also true universally for you: just because you can’t yet see your progress on paper does not mean that you aren’t progressing.  Sometimes success is unseen.  You might wonder if the energy you devote as mother to your children will render the results you pray for.  Or if whether staying a little later to go the extra mile at your job is going to pay off.  Realize that by mothering and working to the best of your ability you are planting seeds.  Between planting a seed and reaping a harvest there is time in the middle, and usually a lot of it.  Be patient and persevere!


So let's not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don't give up (Galatians 6:9, NLT).

No comments :

Post a Comment