Monday, December 23, 2013

Path of Life

We all want progress, but if you're on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive.”  -C. S. Lewis 

Traveling through an unfamiliar state one day, I ran into construction and had to figure out my own way instead of what the GPS had suggested.  I drove for a couple of miles thinking that I could go around the problem and the GPS would soon reroute me.  It never happened!  I had nobody to be mad at but me.  Finally I turned around and asked for help (which should have been my first instinct), and a gas station attendant easily pointed me in the right direction.  Similarly, people can be just as careless with their decision-making, knowingly going the wrong way wanting it to eventually feel right.  Usually it never does.  When we finally decide to go God’s path, this usually doesn’t undo the consequences of having gone down the wrong path, yet it’s always better late than never.  God’s path brings healing, restoration, and life.  If you know that you're heading down the wrong path, turn around and ask for help.  You’re not too far out of reach of God’s grace.


You will make known to me the path of life (Psalm 16:11, NLT).

No comments :

Post a Comment