Saturday, December 7, 2013

The War is Won

“The time to win a fight is before it starts.”  -Frederick W. Lewis

You may ask yourself, “Why do I keep doing what I know I’m not supposed to do?”  Or, “I can’t believe I’m still struggling with this.”  Realize, however, that what Jesus did on the cross for you and me was to win the war over sin and set us free.  If left on your own you could never do it alone, however God is with you supplying all the grace you need.  This grace doesn’t give us a license to sin, but rather grace gives us the power to overcome it. 

We are more than conquerors through Him who loved us (Romans 8:37, NLT).

2 comments :

  1. Amen- This is the plan of Salvation! He defeated death in rising from it to the Glory of God. We must follow suit by realizing our sins- give them to Jesus in prayer and repentance and try our best to walk in Truth in word and in act. Give God the glory by what He has done for us so that we will not have to die in sin!

    ReplyDelete