Saturday, January 11, 2014

A Penny Saved

“A penny saved is a penny earned.”  -Benjamin Franklin

While picking up a sandwich from a Subway one day, I noticed a discolored penny on the ground.  There were six people seated and having lunch in the store, so briefly I wondered, “What would these people think of me if I picked it up?”  As I pondered what value a penny really has I remembered the idiom, ‘A penny saved is a penny earned’.  I picked it up and decided it would be my lucky penny.  Like the penny in one way or another we have all been discolored by sin, but God doesn’t say to himself,  “I’ll forgive these people, but not those people.” God forgives any person who is willing to receive this because He loves and values each one of the seven billion people on this earth the same way.  Yet even though there are so many people just as there are so many pennies, when you find your way into the palm of the King of kings’ hands you are crowned jewel, preciously valuable in every way. 


But God demonstrated His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us (Romans 5:8, NLT).

No comments :

Post a Comment