Tuesday, January 28, 2014

All One Voice

Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success.” -Henry Ford

My senior year of high school I was the class clown, or at least I tried to be!  I didn’t care if people were laughing with me or at me as long as they were laughing.  One day in class I grunted like Lorraine on MADtv: “UH-UH-UHHH.”  The teacher couldn’t tell if I was choking, coughing, or clearing my throat because the sound was so unique.  Before I knew it the entire class joined in and we grunted together in unison!  In the weeks that followed just about everyone in my grade (a couple hundred kids) would utter the same grunt whenever they would pass me in the hallway: “UH-UH-UHHH.”  I became their Lion King and I roared back!  Crazy thought: What if the Church and all Christians could get on the same page to sing the same note?  What if instead of singing secondary doctrinal differences, we sung in perfect harmony the hope of Jesus and a message of salvation to the entire world?  There are some 2.1 billion Christians in the world so just think of the power behind a united voice.  All one voice, simply “Jesus.” 


The human body has many parts, but the many parts make up one whole body. So it is with the body of Christ (1 Corinthians 12:12, ESV).

No comments :

Post a Comment