Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Haters Gonna Hate

“No matter what happens, you’re always going to have those critics and those haters.  You just have to learn how to deal with that.”  -Tim Tebow

“Sticks and stones may break my bones but names may never hurt me”… NOT TRUE.  I once was a happy go-lucky chubby middleschooler that enjoyed playing the Play Station with my friends.  At least a couple of times a week my even chubbier best friend and I would hop on our bikes and ride to Burger King for hamburgers and milkshakes.  I was as happy as I knew how to be.  Then one day my life changed forever.  I wore a yellow shirt to school and someone called me the “the big yellow school bus.” Still to this day, I will very rarely, if ever, wear a yellow shirt!  The name rang through my ears and messed with my head for years.  Later this name was the fuel that motivated me to get in shape.  As the saying goes, “Haters gonna hate,” but do not allow what haters say to mess with your head; let it instead motivate you to become the best version of you that you can be. 


If God is for us, who can ever be against us? (Romans 8:31, NIV)

2 comments :

  1. Christian, what a great post. Thank you for these words they are truly what I needed to hear today. I've been having some painful days with what one of my college professors have been humiliating and criticizing my work and making me feel untalented. I am so sorry that what those guys told you made you feel inadequate and hurt you so much. It hurts with what others tell us. People don't often realize just how much their words hurt us and the length of time they last in us. Thanks for the verse and I loved the last line you wrote- so inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Britt, I've read your posts, and I can say that you are unquestionably a talented and gifted writer. Thank you for everything that you do! :)

    ReplyDelete