Friday, January 31, 2014

Jaded By JNCOs

Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.  -Steve Jobs 

Before skinny jeans were ever in style there were JNCO Jeans, and in third grade everyone had a pair of those baggy, draggy, and saggy jeans with a wallet chain.  The gangster look was in.  After repeated requests I finally got my parents to get me a pair, but lo and behold they suddenly went out of style!  I was still not cool.  I have since learned that there are two types of people: imitators and innovators.  Imitators copy; innovators create. Imitators go where everybody has gone; innovators go where nobody has gone.  What I’m not saying is that you shouldn’t learn from those who’ve gone before you, because you should.  Rather we must remember that many clones end up looking like clowns.  In school age years it’s normal to imitate, but when you grow up it’s time to innovate.   

Do not be conformed to this world (Romans 12:2, ESV).

No comments :

Post a Comment