Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Move On

“In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life.  It goes on.”  -Robert Frost

I packed my bags and brought everything I thought that I needed to the checkout station at the airport.  The only problem was that the attendant informed me that I could only take two carry-ons totaling 75 lbs. or I could pay a fine of $100 for excess baggage.  So I did what any frugal college student would do; I opened up my bags and evaluated what was truly important.  I soon realized that the cost of bringing everything with me was far greater than leaving a beach towel behind!  Like me you may realize that if you are going to move on to the elevated place that God has for you then you need to prayerfully evaluate your life to see what’s truly important.  You may find out that you also need to leave some items behind.  Maybe it’s pictures of you with your ex, or the Internet history on your computer, or negative and worrisome thoughts that regularly plague your mind.  The cost of taking excess baggage with you is far greater than leaving it behind!  So leave it behind and move on. 

There is surely a future hope for you… (Psalm 23:18, NIV). 

No comments :

Post a Comment