Saturday, January 18, 2014

Just Be You

“Just be you.”  -Usher

I’ve always loved African American culture and still do.  So it was sixth grade that I wore a FUBU Jersey (meaning “For Us By Us”).  I thought that I was paying tribute to the African American culture, but that day every person both black and white in my middle school mocked and laughed at me!  I learned a valuable lesson that day: You can admire other people, but you can’t be them and they can’t be you.  You can just be you.  This lesson is true at any season of life.  Don’t mimic the supermom you see on TV, or make the big bodybuilder’s muscles your benchmark, or your father’s success an indicator of your future.  You are a custom design, a first edition, and thus there is nobody else like you.  God hasn’t called you to live out the script of someone else’s life; He’s call you to do your best and just be you.  

For we are God’s masterpiece.  He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago (Ephesians 2:10, NLT).


No comments :

Post a Comment